Wednesday, July 22, 2015

FREE-Educator's Night Out?? Yes! Please!

How do you get a group of teachers together?  Offer an Educator's Nights and Provide FREE appetizers and a FREE Beverage.  Educator's Night Out! Of course, You had me at FREE! Our local Mall is sponsoring a program called "Kick Start Your Class!"  They have partnered up with DonorsChoose.org to help fund classroom projects and are trying to encourage local teachers to get involved with Donors.Choose.org.

Basically, It was an informative session about DonorsChoose.org. I've heard a lot about DonorsChoose.org. One of my very BEST friends, Caitlin at Learning Ahoy has had many of her projects funded through DonorsChoose. I haven't used DonorsChoose.org as, I have been able to write four grants through our local education association. Which have been funded and have been very helpful in my classroom. :)  Thank You PEF!

Anyway, we were all given a folder with step by step info to link up to DonorsChoose.org. BONUS.. The folder was loaded with freebies!  Notice all the goodies in the picture! I won a 10$ gift card for Dicks Sporting goods and received FREE Bed Bath & Beyond Hand Sanitizer (as one of my students would say 'hanitizer'), FREE nail polish from Flomar, and finally a FREE parfait from Chick-Fil-A. The folder was packed with other discounts from some of the shops as well.


Have you participated with DonorsChoose.org? What projects did you get funded?  I'd love to hear more about your experiences.

Thanks for Reading!

Desiree




No comments:

Post a Comment