Sunday, August 2, 2015

August Currently




Listening 

Now that I have a energetic one-year-old, I don't often have a quiet home. So, I have been learning to appreciate all the quiet time in order to reflect on being a wife, a mom, and a teacher. 

Loving 


I've started the Fad Diet, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and I absolutely LOVE IT.  I didn't purchase the shake kit. The workouts are out of this world, I swear they have to be the most motivating dvd's I have ever purchased. and the measuring containers put serving size in perspective. Thirty minutes goes by in a flash. Plus, I'm down 6 1/2 lbs and 3 inches in just 14 days.  :) HOORAY for ME! 

Thinking....

I applied to be part of a Pilot Program that will certify teachers in Orton-Gilliamgham, I was Stoked when I found out I was selected. The Pilot is through Virginia Commonwealth University, Old Dominion University and the College of  William and Mary. I'm so excited to have this training. As a special education teacher, I know I will use this with my reading instruction. Orton Gilliangham is a phonics based program designed for kids with Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia. I"M So EXCITED!! 

Wanting......


I'm moved away from home for a teaching job in Virginia, so I don't get to spend much time with my three sisters. They actually live between and North East PA and Cleveland Ohio.  Face-time and Skype doesn't always cut it, especially since our kids have such a great time hanging out with their cousins.  I miss them! 

Needing

I desperately need a hair cut and a Pedi to get ready for back to school.



B2S RAK

I try to start of the year by giving a simple gift to my Paraprofessionals. I couldn't survive the school year without them! They are my eyes and ears when I'm not in the classroom. 

-Desiree 


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being selected for the Pilot Program. It's great to have the opportunity to do those types of trainings and to implement them. I've been hearing about the 21 day fix, I'll have to look into that! Good for you! Keep up the motivation! Have a great week
    Vicky
    Fairway to Fourth

    ReplyDelete